What We're Cooking

Author: Dra8er

On the whole, I can honestly say that when I started this project – Savage Sorcery, Campaign Cookbook, The Pentad Cycle, of Men & Monsters, Tales Untold – I had no idea what I would be getting myself into. Fortunately, I realized that I was in over my head shortly after there was enough noise about the project that it would be impossible to back down gracefully. I had proposed an ambitious play, and the other players on the field wanted to make it happen, and now I had to carry the ball all the way.
I suppose in retrospect, I knew it was going to be a challenge that I would thoroughly enjoy. To be completely fair, all this was not conceived in a vacuum. The idea was inspired by a highly successful individual and good friend : entrepreneur, kick boxer, tango dancer, and writer, Timothy Ferriss. . So I asked myself, “What do I have to offer that other don't? Almost 30 years of experience, a modest amount of success, and the will to see it through!" At first I decided that I would publish a set of books myself. Of course, I had some publishing experience, and knew a lot about editing, producing and managing similar projects. But it soon became obvious that I needed help on such an ambitous undertaking – and RPG blogging is just one element in my arsenal to make it all happen!

Soon after the announcement that I was going to close the doors on my consulting company (FeudalNET), go into "retirement" (a.k.a. no more traditional work for me) and embark on an ambitious project "Savage Sorcery" and all it entailed, I sat down and devised a game-plan. I made an anouncment to a small group of people that would play key roles in its success and the response was simply incredible. A certain degree of synergy was at play as well. It was during the same timeframe that my award winning campaign, Bryn Mawr, was really picking up steam. Plus, the newly fangled RPG wiki, Obsidian Portal was running strong. Since that time, several people have contributed to this project. None of this would have been possible, however, without the help of some very key people. Special thanks are due to the following persons for their criticisms, concerns, comments, contributions, and most all support: Tim "Goblin" McCreedy, Michael "Xombie" Lakes, Chris "Cr3ative" Chapman, and Andy "NeuroFizz" Weir – their honest candor, patience, and seemingly endless advice at the every stage in this project’s development helped me avoid many pitfalls along the way. I also want to thank my D&D gaming group, Joe Theory, Ed "SteelValor" Salsberg, Mile Sinicropi, Bayley Evans, Jackson DeBolt, and RockerDon!!!

The motivation to finish this project comes from them, as well as all those friends RPG community.

Christopher D. Hardy
www.Dra8er.com

No Responses to "What We're Cooking"

Leave a Reply